I was wrong about Cloud Native Infrastructure
Posted on November 1, 2023 • 1 minutes • 148 words
I wrote the book Cloud Native Infrastructure. The core idea is to use control loops to continuously manage your infrastructure as software, not just code. The community has implemented these ideas with GitOps and other controllers. But we’re creating unnecessary complexity and not everything should be managed this way.
Benefits to the ecosystem
This will help developers and platform builders identify the types of infrastructure and tools they should automate with control loops and when to avoid them. It will accelerate their understanding of how gitops tools like Flux work, how crossplane fits in and how backstage is different.
- The book: www.cnibook.info
- Overview of Infrastructure as software: https://justingarrison.com/blog/2022-06-01-infrastructure-as-software/
- Cloud native infrastructure from my co-author: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_g1xut9OAY
Previous Kubecon Talks
- Infrastructure for Entertainment (virtual) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtedIghTPzI
- Infrastructure as Software with GitOps (GitOpsCon) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hULomz2FU40
- Let’s build kubernetes with a spreadsheet and volunteers (Austin) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0mWGaBawR8